Once again it is award time here at The Bottom of a Bottle, over the last week I have been awarded two more awards, I am always grateful for any like, comment and award I am given, so thank you all for the support over the last few months, it has really helped make this blogging experience worthwhile.
The first award is my first star for the Blog of the Year 2012 Award, which was awarded to me by Sheri at The Other Side Of Ugly, she has some great inspirational posts based on her own experiences through life, thank so much Sheri.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – Thought Palette and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
You will find all of the info plus the Awards with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 stars upon them here. If you have any questions about how to post the banner on your WordPress blog go to your widgets, apply your Blog of the Year 2012 logo with the correct amount of stars on it to your sidebar. Simple.
Okay, I seem to like the number six, there are six stars to collect so I will 12 present awards (don’t bother with the maths, I didn’t), and they are in no particular order:
I would like to say thank you to all those listed above, their inspiring posts, their numerous likes and fantastic comments have made my Blogging experience something to cherish.
I would also like to thank Cookie for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award for the second time this week, once again I appreciate the award so much, but as I only issued this award six days ago in my post Carols, Candles & Congratulations, I will refrain from presenting the award again, but I will post seven more “interesting facts” about myself.
1) I always wanted a blue and yellow Macaw, I was going to teach it the words to Common People by Pulp, so when anyone came round it would say “I wanna live with Common People like you”, I thought that would be hilarious!
2) My right calf is way smaller than my left calf, which looks a bit odd when I’m wearing shorts, this is from spending a month in plaster after shredding my ankle ligaments playing football (soccer) when I was fourteen.
3) I am half English, quarter Welsh and a quarter Polish, through my Grand Parents, which means I could play football (soccer) for all three countries (bit old for that now, if only I hadn’t shredded my ankle), but my kids can only play for England (which they are probably happy about).
4) I love music, I have over 1000 vinyl singles and 1000 CD singles still cluttering my parent’s house and don’t I know about it, they let me know about it at least once a week,.
5) I also love the Marx Brothers, my favourite films of theirs is Horse Feathers, classic, the password is Swordfish by the way.
6) I once owned a Koi carp called Charlie, he used to feed from my hand and let me tickle him, I bet you all want one now.
7) I love just throwing in random references every now and again, my karate students are often confused by my odd statements, kids these days, I can’t believe they have never heard of Boris Karloff.
So there you have it, the conclusion of another The Bottom of A Bottle Awards Ceremony and seven more “interesting” facts about me, thank you and goodnight.
Oops, sorry forgot the song.
Look around, look around
Tell me can you see
All the wonder in the world
Is reason to believe
That there is something more
A love we can’t ignore
Behind the beauty
(Behind The Beauty by Josh Wilson)
I just love this song, so I dedicate this to my good friends listed above and all the other good people who have visited my Blog over the last few months.
Thank you so much! I am quite honored to receive this star from you.
As always, your are more than welcome.
Thank you, Wayne. I am honored to be given this sward by you. Thank you for your support!…..Jill
Thank you, it is my pleasure.
Thanks so much Wayne. I have something coming your way. You made my night.
I look forward to it and I am glad I made your night.
Congratulations on your award and thanks for sharing it with other deserving blogs!
Thank you so much.
You are a gentleman and a scholar. 🙂
Thanks for everything Wayne! It’s a blessing to know you.
You are more than welcome, it’s been great getting know you too. You keep running and I’ll keep walking.
A very timely Christmas pressy! You just made my day. Thank you so much for my nomination – a great honor.
May the love and light of Jesus shine much brighter in your life and continue inspiring others. A blessed merry-making to you brother! Let’s share Christ’s love on earth!
I’m so glad you like it, thank you for your support and great comments.
Pingback: Blog of the Year Award, Timely for a Christmas Prezzy « HEAVEN ON EARTH